Wow- what a week! Every morning- I sat down and asked myself “who am I going to thank today?” Somedays it was easy and people’s faces popped into my mind. Others- I put a lot of thought into the five I would write to and thank. I wrote to friends I haven’t seen in years, my family, speakers I love; (and do not know), teachers, my wedding dress designer, etc. I discovered several things around doing this:
1. Starting my day by giving thanks put me in a good mood
2. I love buying stamps at the post office. I never realized some of the cool graphic designs on the stamps and all the choices
3. The act of writing your thoughts about another’s contribution to your life is a gift
4. Other people were inspired and started writing thank you’s!
5. I received a thank you card a few days ago and it was so fun!
6. How fun it is taking my handwritten cards to the mailbox! As I put my cards in today- I wondered what the postmaster thinks everytime she takes my mail and see’s all the cards
7. Going forward- I will commit to doing this by keeping a stack of cards in my car and next to my computer. Sending 5 a day may not happen; but doing it when I am inspired will!
8. It feels great to say you are going to do something; and do it! 5 Cards a Day was a big goal for me; and I did it!
9. This brought to my awareness that I miss seeing my friends in other states and my family.
10. The best thank you I wrote- was to my husband; Mario!
Check in tomorrow for my next Thank You Action/Challenge!